While Social Media might not impact your search ranking directly, a robust social media marketing strategy will still have a significant impact on your SEO. When utilizing the right strategies as part of your posts on social media, you can increase your search engine ranking, visibility, and make it easier for your customers to find your page.
- Social Sharing – Social media allows you to spread the word about your content to a wider audience than you normally would be able to reach by means of search engines alone. When you create high-quality content, you naturally are encouraging your customers to interact with it, share it with their friends and followers, and eventually create a wide net of enhanced visibility. Over the course of time, you’ll find that your social media channels will increase your overall reach, in turn, helping boost your rankings in the search engines.
- Increase Brand Awareness – The way in which your customers view your brand is vital and social media can help expand on that. When sharing information about your brand on social media you connect your brand to your industry. When interested searchers are looking for more information about the products and services you offer, they’re more likely to search for your company directly.
- Reaching a Mobile Audience – Google and other search engines recognize the importance of social media in providing the content that customers are looking for. In turn, they’re giving searchers information from Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms when they come looking for content. Google has even gone to the likes of partnering with Twitter to improve index searching and increase visibility for many customers. This makes your Twitter posts even more important for raising brand awareness for your company.
- Online Reviews – As we know by now, online reviews are such a critical part of building your search engine presence. Through social media, you can encourage customers to easily leave those critical reviews, increasing your brand presence. The customers of today are looking for social proof: the information from other customers online that you are as legitimate as your online presence says you are. High-quality reviews can bring more customers to your business, while poor reviews will turn customers away before they even have a chance to get to know you.
- Building Relationships – This is one of, if not the most important aspects of this whole process. When you build a relationship with your followers through social media, they’re more likely to turn to your website for their questions and concerns. More visitors to your website will improve your search ranking. By focusing on building a relationship with your followers on social media, you can simultaneously increase brand awareness, improve your connection to your audience and, in turn, increase your conversions.
Your social media channels are way more than just a vehicle for directing customers to your website, it is a critical part of your SEO strategy. Working on growing both sides hand in hand makes it easier to bring in organic search results and in turn, create more satisfied customers.
If you need help with your Social Media or SEO, contact our digital marketing experts at The AD Leaf Marketing Firm in Melbourne FL. We have the tools and expertise necessary to help drive your business’s success by improving your search engine ranking as well as making engaging content for your social channels. Learn more about what we have to offer your business and contact us to plan out and design a marketing strategy with one of our highly skilled marketing professionals.