Writing engaging website copy can be a bit difficult for even the most seasoned professionals. However, it does not have to be this way. Here are some great content writing strategies & tips to get you started on writing professional copy that will catch the eye of any client.
- Check Out These Content Marketing Podcasts
- Review Your Competitor’s Websites and Build a Strategy
- Take the Time to Understand Who Your Target Audience Is
One: Check Out These Content Marketing Podcasts
Over the past couple of years, podcasts have taken the world by storm. There are podcasts for virtually every topic and every industry. The content marketing world is no exception, as there are a number of different marketing podcasts on the Internet. Want to begin listening to some content marketing podcasts but do not know where to start? The AD Leaf ® has compiled a list of some of the best podcasts on the market. These podcasts can help you with a number of different content marketing roadblocks, such as breaking out of your creative rut and learning about new industry tools.
- Marketing Over Coffee
- If you are interested in listening to a content marketing podcast but prefer a more conversational and relaxed tone, check out Marketing Over Coffee. Hosted by John Wall and Christopher Penn, current topics and events are discussed in simple terms that are easy to understand.
- The Copyblogger Podcast
- Copyblogger is one of the best content marketing resources in the industry, so it is no surprise that their podcast is just as informative. Hosted by Tim Stoddart and Darrell Versterfelt, this podcast gives professionals the best tips and tricks to succeed in all forms of marketing.
- Marketing School – Digital Marketing and Online Marketing Tips
- Eric Siu and Neil Patel are some of the most well-known names in the content marketing industry, so you do not want to miss this podcast. The two discuss the current trends and tools.
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Portfield
- Perhaps one of the most knowledgable podcasts currently airing, Amy Portfield’s weekly podcast gives essential information on how to succeed in the content marketing industry. This podcast is one of the best to listen to if you are just entering the industry, as well.
Two: Review Your Competitor’s Websites and Build a Strategy
Who said that imitation was not the highest form of flattery? It should obviously be said that plagiarism is highly frowned upon and can land you and your business in some hot legal trouble. That being said, that does not mean that you cannot do your research.
The marketing industry is extremely flexible and constantly introducing new methods to engage clients. It is important to keep up with these developments because they might significantly help you with potential client outreach and customer engagement. Take notice of the strategies your competitors are utilizing for their own outreach. Do they appear to be working?
Three: Take the Time to Understand Who Your Target Audience Is
The last tip when it comes to content writing strategies is to understand your target audience by analyzing your client list. Are there any patterns that you see? These simple patterns in age and gender can help you determine a very general understanding of your target audience.
That being said, it is important to develop your understanding of your target audience further than just the bare minimum of demographics. One way to determine your more specific demographics is to send out a survey to current or prospective customers on your email lists. Once you have collected most if not all of the surveys then you can analyze your target audience in a more analytical way.
We know that it takes a lot to stay on top of the different ways you can improve your website content and content marketing in general. That is why The AD Leaf ® Marketing LLC is here to help. Our team of expert content marketers will help you determine the best course of action for your marketing strategies. Call us at 321-255-0900 for more information.