Your business needs to remain competitive in today’s fast-paced technological arena. That means it’ll need to adapt to change, especially in the form of a network infrastructure upgrade. Upgrades can ensure that you’re getting the most from your technology investments and provide you with a number of specific key benefits.
Too often, some organizations make do with outdated networks, network data cabling and poorly functioning technology simply because they’re what these companies are used to. But the good news is that if you suspect your organization needs network improvements and/or build outs, these need not be stressful, difficult, or burdensome – and the results will absolutely be worth the effort.
Network Upgrade Benefits
There are a myriad of benefits to upgrading, building out, or overhauling your organization’s network. These include:
- Better security: the older your software and hardware are, the riskier it is to keep on using them. Updates are constantly made to tighten the security on the components that comprise a network.
- Speed and reliability: using the most current technologies ensures your employees are able to do their jobs more efficiently, with fewer interruptions. It can also enhance usability and customer satisfaction in client-facing applications.
- Less time performing network maintenance: older networks tend to have more bugs and other inefficiencies, needing more attention to be maintained properly.
- Better hardware: upgrading gives you better, more efficient hardware with less chance of failure.
- Improved scalability: infrastructure upgrades provide you with better scalability for easier, more streamlined future growth.
When Should Your Business Upgrade It’s Network?
There are several reasons why you might need an infrastructure upgrade. As a general rule, you should consider upgrading your network infrastructure every few years. Network upgrades should be implemented when:
- Your business is expanding: as your business grows, your current network will no longer support your needs, necessitating an upgrade.
- Network issues interrupt your work flow: problems with your current network or its related technologies often create the need for an infrastructure upgrade.
- Space and data consolidation can allow the implementation of new technology: upgrades can grant you the ability to implement newer technologies such as virtualization, which enable you to consolidate space and resources.
- Legal mandates require it: networks owned by law firms, hospitals, and banks, for example, must utilize the latest security features and technologies, necessitating regular infrastructure upgrades.
If you’re considering a network infrastructure upgrade, or even if you’re unsure of where to start, contact us. Depending on the needs of your business, we can perform a technology assessment, and answer any questions you might have. You can rely on The Ad Leaf to be where we say we will be, when we are supposed to be there, to get the work done in the allotted time, with minimal interruption to your business. Discover more by giving us a call!